||State Key Laboratory of Engines
||Power Mechanics and Engineering
||Building 34, Tianjin Univ., 135 Yaguan Rd, Jinnan District, Tianjin
||2015.9 -2018.3: Post-doc in the Department of Mechanical Engineering, Michigan State University, USA, working at Ford Research innovation center, Dearborn Michigan, USA.
2009.7-2015.7 M.Sc. & Ph.D. in Power Machinery and Engineering, State Key Laboratory of Engines, Tianjin University, China.
2005.9-2009.7 BEng. in Thermal Energy and Power Engineering, School of Energy and Power Engineering, Shandong University, China.
2009 - 2015, working on the modeling and active disturbance rejection control of gasoline engines at State Key Laboratory of Engines, Tianjin University, and obtained the master and ph.D.
2015 - 2015, as a post-doc at Michigan State University, working at the research and innovation center at Ford Motor Company, Dearborn, USA, focusing on the development of diesel engines equipped with the electrically assisted turbo. Specifically, I worked on the 0-D and 1-D modeling, predictive control and machine learning.
||1. modeling, control, and optimization of the dynamic process of IC Engines.
2. modeling, control and energy management of vehicle powertrain systems.
3. modeling and preview-based control and optimization of vehicles.
||Modeling and advanced control of vehicle powertrains （to be done）
||1. Associated secretary of Vehicle intelligence and control association in China.
2. Associated editor and chair of invited sessions of IFAC E-CoSM world conference.
||over 20 SCI/EI papers published, with 3 Chinese patents granted, 4 US patents in applications.
||1. Sino-America super truck project (secretory if sub-project 5).
2. Tianjin Univ. - Ford motor company cooperative project.
||1) Kang Song, Upadhyay D, Xie H. A physics-based turbocharger model for automotive diesel engine control applications. Proceedings of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers, Part D: Journal of Automobile Engineering, 2018: 0954407018770569.
2) Song, Kang, et al. "A physics-based zero-dimensional model for the mass flow rate of a turbocharger compressor with uniform/distorted inlet condition." International Journal of Engine Research (2018): 1468087418773673.
3) Kang Song, Upadhyay D, Xie H. Control of diesel engines with electrically assisted turbocharging through an extended state observer based nonlinear MPC. Proceedings of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers, Part D: Journal of Automobile Engineering, 2017: 0954407017744145.
4) Kang Song, Hui Xie, and Tianyuan Hao. "Compound disturbance rejection control of spark ignition–controlled-autoignition hybrid combustion for gasoline engines." Proceedings of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers, Part D: Journal of Automobile Engineering: 0954407017697477, 2017.
5) Kang Song, Hui Xie, et al., “On-line Optimization of Direct-Injection-Timing for SI-CAI Hybrid Combustion in a PFI-DI Gasoline Engine,” SAE technical paper 2016-01-0757, 2016.
6) Kang Song, Xinyan Wang, and Hui Xie. "Trade-off on fuel economy, knock, and combustion stability for a stratified flame-ignited gasoline engine." Applied Energy 220 (2018): 437-446.
7) Kang Song, Hui Xie, Le Li, Jun Lu, Cheng Li, and Zhiqiang Gao, “Disturbance observation and rejection method for gasoline HCCI combustion control,” SAE World Congress, Detroit, MI., 2013-01-1660, 2013.
8) Kang Song, Upadhyay D, Xie H. An assessment of performance trade-offs in diesel engines equipped with regenerative electrically assisted turbochargers. International Journal of Engine Research, 2018: 1468087418762170.
9) Kang Song, Devesh Upadhyay, Tao Zeng, et al. “Physics-Based Control-Oriented Model for the Turbine Power of a Variable-Geometry Turbo-Charger”. In ASME 2016 Dynamic Systems and Control Conference. American Society of Mechanical Engineers, pp. V002T19A005-V002T19A005, 2016.
10) Kang Song,Tianyuan Hao, Hui Xie. Disturbance rejection control of air–fuel ratio with transport-delay in engines. Control Engineering Practice, 2018, 79: 36-49.