||State Key Laboratory of Engines
||Energy and Power Engineering
||#34-409, Beiyangyuan Campus
||2007-08 - 2012-06, Nanyang Technological University, Thermal and Fluid Engineering, PhD
2005-09 - 2007-07, Harbin Institute of Technology, Engineering Thermophysics, M.Eng.
2001-09 - 2005-07, Harbin Institute of Technology, Energy and Power Engineering, B.Eng.
2013-03 - 2016-01, Imperial College London, Research Associate
2011-10 - 2013-02, Nanyang Technological University, Research Fellow
||Multiphase flow and heat/mass transfer
Advanced Heat Transfer
Advanced Fluid Mechanics
||• PI, National Natural Science Foundation of China, Microscale mechanism and control of droplet impact on solid surfaces under off-normal conditions, 2017-2020.
• PI, Natural Science Foundation of Tianjin City, Mechanism investigation of the impact of fuel spray droplets on walls in internal combustion engines, 2016-2019.
• PI, State Key Laboratory of Engines, Mechanism investigation of evaporation process of multi-component fuel droplets, 2016-2017.
1. P Theodorakis*, A Amirfazli, B Hu, Z Che.  Droplet control based on pinning and substrate wettability. Langmuir. 37, 4248-4255.
2. FA Hammad, K Sun, Z Che*, J Jedelsky, T Wang*.  Internal two-phase flow and spray characteristics of outside-in-liquid twin-fluid atomizers. Applied Thermal Engineering. 187, 116555.
3. P Zhang, Z Xu, T Wang, Z Che*.  A method to measure vapor concentration of droplet evaporation based on background oriented Schlieren. International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer. 168, 120880.
4. Y Luo, J Yang, X Zheng, J Wang, X Tu, Z Che, J Fang, L Xi, NT Nguyen, C Song*.  Three-dimensional visualization and analysis of flowing droplets in microchannels using real-time quantitative phase microscopy. Lab on a Chip. 21, 75-82 (Back Cover Story).
5. Z Xu, T Wang, Z Che*.  Droplet deformation and breakup in shear flow of air. Physics of Fluids. 32, 052109 (Featured Article).
6. Y Luo, J Yang, X Tu, T Huang, Z Che, C Song*.  Optofluidic phase-shifting digital holographic microscopy for quantitative measurement of microfluidic diffusion dynamics. Journal of Applied Physics. 127, 134501.
7. H Qi, T Wang, Z Che*.  Air layer during the impact of droplets on heated substrates. Physical Review E. 101, 043114.
8. Y Lu*, N M Kovalchuk, Z Che, M Simmons.  Interfacial instabilities due to immiscible fluid displacement in circular and non-circular microchannels. Experimental Thermal and Fluid Science. 113, 110045.
9. V Belus, J Rabault*, J Viquerat, Z Che, E Hachem, U Reglade.  Exploiting locality and translational invariance to design effective Deep Reinforcement Learning control of the 1-dimensional unstable falling liquid film. AIP Advances. 9, 125014.
10. L Wang, S Rong, S Shen, T Wang, Z Che*.  Interface oscillation of droplets upon impact on a heated surface in the Leidenfrost state. International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer. 148, 119116.
11. C Yin, T Wang, Z Che, M Jia, K Sun.  Critical and optimal wall conditions for coalescence-induced droplet jumping on textured superhydrophobic surfaces. Langmuir. 35 (49), 16201-16209.
12. S Shen, Z Che, T Wang*, Z Yue*, K Sun, S Som.  A model for droplet heating and evaporation of water-in-oil emulsified fuel. Fuel. 266,116710.
13. Q Ding, T Wang, Z Che*. . Two jets during the impact of viscous droplets onto a less-viscous liquid pool. Physical Review E. 100, 053108.
14. S Shen, K Sun, Z Che*, T Wang*, M Jia, J Cai.  Mechanism of micro-explosion of water-in-oil emulsified fuel droplet and its effect on soot generation. Energy. 191, 116488.
15. S Shen, K Sun, Z Che*, T Wang*, M Jia.  Puffing and micro-explosion of heated droplets for homogeneous ethanol-propanol-hexadecane fuel and micro-emulsified ethanol-biodiesel-hexadecane fuel. Applied Thermal Engineering, 165, 114537.
16. Y Sun, Z Che, K Sun, T Wang*, Y Li, H Bai.  Measurements of turbulence sources in a swirl-supported diesel engine. International Journal of Engine Research. 22(3), 975-985.
17. H Zhao, T Wang, Z Che*.  Full-field flow measurement in evaporating sessile droplets based on the Scheimpflug principle. Applied Physics Letters. 115, 091603.
18. P Theodorakis*, Z Che*.  Surface nanobubbles: Theory, simulation, and experiment. A review. Advances in Colloid and Interface Science, 272, 101995.
19. S Shen, K Sun, Z Che*, T Wang*, M Jia, J Cai. . An experimental investigation of the heating behaviors of droplets of emulsified fuels at high temperature. Applied Thermal Engineering, 161, 114059.
20. 荣松，沈世全，王天友，车志钊*.  液滴撞击加热壁面雾化弹起模式及驻留时间, 物理学报, 68 (15), 154701.
21. C Yin, T Wang, Z Che, M Jia, K Sun.  Oblique impact of droplets on microstructured superhydrophobic surfaces. International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer, 123, 693-704.
22. K Sun, P Zhang, Z Che, T Wang.  Marangoni-flow-induced partial coalescence of a droplet on a liquid/air interface, Physical Review Fluids, 3, 023602.
23. Z Che*, YF Yap, T Wang.  Flow structure of compound droplets moving in microchannels, Physics of Fluids. 30(1), 012114.
24. Z Che*, OK Matar*.  Impact of droplets on immiscible liquid films, Soft Matter. 14(9), 1540-1551 (back cover story).
25. Q Guan, YF Yap, HY Li and Z Che.  Modeling of nanofluid-fluid two-phase flow and heat transfer, International Journal of Computational Methods. 15(1), 1850072.
26. X Fan, Z Che, T Wang, Z Lu.  Numerical investigation of boundary layer flow and wall heat transfer in a gasoline direct-injection engine, International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer. 120, 1189-1199.
27. Z Che*, OK Matar*.  Impact of droplets on liquid films in the presence of surfactant, Langmuir. 33(43), 12140-12148 (cover story).
28. I Adebayo, Z Xie, Z Che, OK Matar.  Doubly excited pulse waves on thin liquid films flowing down an inclined plane: An experimental and numerical study, Physical Review E. 96, 013118.
29. W Yang, M Jia, Z Che, K Sun, T Wang.  Transitions of deformation to bag breakup and bag to bag-stamen breakup for droplets subjected to a continuous gas flow, International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer. 111, 884–894.
30. PJ Sáenz, AW Wray, Z Che, OK Matar, P Valluri, J Kim, K Sefiane.  Dynamics and universal scaling law in geometrically-controlled sessile drop evaporation, Nature Communications, 8, 14783.
31. Z Che, TN Wong, NT Nguyen.  A simple method for the formation of water-in-oil-in-water (W/O/W) double emulsions, Microfluidics and Nanofluidics, 21, 8.
32. Z Che, PE Theodorakis.  Formation, dissolution and properties of surface nanobubbles, Journal of Colloid and Interface Science, 487, 123–129.