||State Key Laboratory of Engines
||Energy and Power Engineering
||#34-409, Beiyangyuan Campus
||2007-08 - 2012-06, Nanyang Technological University, Thermal and Fluid Engineering, PhD
2005-09 - 2007-07, Harbin Institute of Technology, Engineering Thermophysics, M.Eng.
2001-09 - 2005-07, Harbin Institute of Technology, Energy and Power Engineering, B.Eng.
2013-03 - 2016-01, Imperial College London, Research Associate
2011-10 - 2013-02, Nanyang Technological University, Research Fellow
||Multiphase flow and heat/mass transfer
||Advanced Heat Transfer
Advanced Fluid Mechanics
||• PI, National Natural Science Foundation of China, Microscale mechanism and control of droplet impact on solid surfaces under off-normal conditions, 2017-2020.
• PI, Natural Science Foundation of Tianjin City, Mechanism investigation of the impact of fuel spray droplets on walls in internal combustion engines, 2016-2019.
• PI, State Key Laboratory of Engines, Mechanism investigation of evaporation process of multi-component fuel droplets, 2016-2017.
||1. C Yin, T Wang, Z Che, M Jia, K Sun.  Oblique impact of droplets on microstructured superhydrophobic surfaces. International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer, 123, 693-704.
2. K Sun, P Zhang, Z Che, T Wang.  Marangoni-flow-induced partial coalescence of a droplet on a liquid/air interface, Physical Review Fluids, 3, 023602.
3. Z Che, YF Yap, T Wang.  Flow structure of compound droplets moving in microchannels, Physics of Fluids. 30(1), 012114.
4. Z Che, OK Matar.  Impact of droplets on immiscible liquid films, Soft Matter. 14(9), 1540-1551 (back cover story).
5. Q Guan, YF Yap, HY Li and Z Che.  Modeling of nanofluid-fluid two-phase flow and heat transfer, International Journal of Computational Methods. 15(1), 1850072.
6. X Fan, Z Che, T Wang, Z Lu.  Numerical investigation of boundary layer flow and wall heat transfer in a gasoline direct-injection engine, International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer. 120, 1189-1199.
7. Z Che, OK Matar.  Impact of droplets on liquid films in the presence of surfactant, Langmuir. 33(43), 12140-12148 (cover story).
8. I Adebayo, Z Xie, Z Che, OK Matar.  Doubly excited pulse waves on thin liquid films flowing down an inclined plane: An experimental and numerical study, Physical Review E. 96, 013118.
9. W Yang, M Jia, Z Che, K Sun, T Wang.  Transitions of deformation to bag breakup and bag to bag-stamen breakup for droplets subjected to a continuous gas flow, International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer. 111, 884–894.
10. PJ Sáenz, AW Wray, Z Che, OK Matar, P Valluri, J Kim, K Sefiane.  Dynamics and universal scaling law in geometrically-controlled sessile drop evaporation, Nature Communications, 8, 14783.
11. Z Che, TN Wong, NT Nguyen.  A simple method for the formation of water-in-oil-in-water (W/O/W) double emulsions, Microfluidics and Nanofluidics, 21, 8.
12. Z Che, PE Theodorakis.  Formation, dissolution and properties of surface nanobubbles, Journal of Colloid and Interface Science, 487, 123–129.
13. W Li, Y Li, T Wang, M Jia, Z Che, D Liu.  Investigation of the effect of the in-cylinder tumble motion on cycle-to-cycle variations in a direct injection spark ignition (DISI) engine using large eddy simulation (LES). Flow, Turbulence and Combustion, 98, 601-631.
14. H Feng, TN Wong, Z Che.  Induced charge electrophoresis of a conducting cylinder in a nonconducting cylindrical pore and its micromotoring application, Physical Review Fluids. 1, 044103.
15. H Feng, TN Wong, Z Che, Marcos.  Chaotic micromixer utilizing electro-osmosis and induced charge electroosmosis in eccentric annulus, Physics of Fluids. 28, 062003.
16. C Zhang, Z Wu, Z Che, X Li, Y Sun, L Ren.  Liquid spreading on a pre-wetted biomimetic surface inspired by a dog's tongue, Science China Technological Sciences. 59 (5), 738-748.
17. E Nowak, NM Kovalchuk, Z Che, MJH Simmons.  Effect of surfactant concentration and viscosity of outer phase during the coalescence of a surfactant-laden drop with a surfactant-free drop, Colloids and Surfaces A: Physicochemical and Engineering Aspects. 505, 124–131.
18. Z Che, A Deygas, OK Matar.  Impact of droplets on inclined flowing liquid films, Physical Review E. 92, 023032.
19. Z Che, TN Wong, NT Nguyen, C Yang.  Three dimensional features of convective heat transfer in droplet-based microchannel heat sinks, International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer. 86, 455–464.
20. Z Che, F Fang, J Percival, C Pain, O Matar, M Navon.  An ensemble method for sensor optimisation applied to falling liquid films, International Journal of Multiphase Flow, 67(Supplement), 153-161.
21. Z Che, TN Wong, NT Nguyen, C Yang.  Asymmetric heat transfer in liquid-liquid segmented flow in microchannels, International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer 77, 385–394.
22. Z Che, TN Wong, NT Nguyen.  Heat transfer in plug flow in cylindrical microcapillaries with constant surface heat flux, International Journal of Thermal Sciences 64, 204-212.
23. Z Che, TN Wong, NT Nguyen.  Heat transfer enhancement by recirculating flow within liquid plugs in microchannels, International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer 55 (7-8), 1947-1956.
24. Z Che, TN Wong, NT Nguyen, JC Chai.  Formation and breakup of compound pendant drops at the tip of a capillary and its effect on upstream velocity fluctuations, International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer 55 (4), 1022-1029.
25. Z Che, NT Nguyen, TN Wong.  Analysis of chaotic mixing in plugs moving in meandering microchannels, Physical Review E 84 (6), 066309.
26. Z Che, TN Wong, NT Nguyen, YF Yap, JC Chai.  Numerical investigation of upstream pressure fluctuation during growth and breakup of pendant drops, Chemical Engineering Science 66 (21), 5293-5300.
27. Z Che, TN Wong, NT Nguyen.  An analytical model for plug flow in microcapillaries with circular cross section, International Journal of Heat and Fluid Flow 32 (5), 1005-1013.
28. Z Che, NT Nguyen, TN Wong.  Hydrodynamically mediated breakup of droplets in microchannels, Applied Physics Letters 98 (5), 054102.
29. B Xu, TN Wong, NT Nguyen, Z Che, JC Chai.  Thermal mixing of two miscible fluids in a T-shaped microchannel, Biomicrofluidics 4 (4), 044102.
30. J Sivasamy, Z Che, TN Wong, NT Nguyen, L Yobas.  A simple method for evaluating and predicting chaotic advection in microfluidic slugs, Chemical Engineering Science 65 (19), 5382-5391.
31. Z Che, TN Wong, NT Nguyen.  An analytical model for a liquid plug moving in curved microchannels, International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer 53 (9-10), 1977-1985.