||Associate Professor/ PhD supervisor
||School of Mechanical Engineering
||135 Yaguan Road, Haihe Education Park, Jinnan District, Tianjin, China
||Ph.D. Mechanical Engineering, Northwestern Polytechnical University, Nov. 2004
Thesis: Simulation and control for isothermal forging process of PM superalloy
Supervisor: Shichun Wu
M.S. Materials Engineering, Kunming University of Science and Technology, Mar. 2001
Thesis: Study of Al-composit dispersedly strengthened by Al2O3 and SiC prepared by MA
Supervisor: Qingnan Shi
B.S. Mechanical Engineering, Jilin University, July 1995
July 2007 – Present Associate Professor Mechanical Engineering, Tianjin University,
Sept. 2014 – Sept. 2015 Visiting Scholar Ocean Mixing Lab, College of Earth, Ocean and Atmospheric Sciences, Oregon State University
Nov. 2004 – June 2007 Assistant Professor Mechanical Engineering, Tianjin University,
July 1995 – Aug. 1998 Assistant Professor Materials Engineering, Jilin University
||(1) Dynamics of underwater vehicles
(2) Bionic underwater robotics
(3) Metal plastic forming
||(1) Fundamentals of engineering graphics
(2) Experiments of mechanical product design
||(1) IEEE membership, since 2015
(2) Member, Group of Experts on National Natural Science Foundation of China
(3) Member, Group of Experts on Degree Center of Ministry of Education of China
(4) Member, Group of Experts on Marine technology of National High-tech Research and Development Program (863 Program) of China, 2013.
||(1) Second Prize for National Technology Invention of China, Key Technology and Application of Hybrid-driven Underwater Glider, Rank fourth, 2016.
(2) First Prize for Tianjin Technology Invention, Key Technology and Application of Underwater Glider, Rank fourth, 2015.
(3)Third Prize for Tianjin Technology Invention, Measuring Technology for the Ocean Microstructure Turbulence, Rank second, 2012.
(4) First Prize for Tianjin Science and Technology Progress, Design methods and applications for multi-body dynamics of complex mechanical system, Rank Eighth, 2008.
(5) Third Prize for Young Teachers Lecture Competition of Tianjin University, 2006
||(1) Key technology of the bionic soft underwater vehicles, National laboratory of Marine science and technology, ¥2300000, 01/2018 – 12/2019, PI
(2) Dynamic design for an adaptive underwater glider with soft flexible wings, National Natural Science Foundation of China, ¥640000, 01/2017 – 12/2020, PI
(3) Quasi real-time autonomous observation technology and equipment, National Key Research and Development Program of China, ¥600000, 09/2016 - 12/2020, PI
(4) Research on the application of a kind of underwater glider, Innovation Project, ¥1500000, 07/2016 – 08/2018, PI
(5) Technology of an underwater glider Pre-research Project, ¥640000, 12/2016– 10/2018 , PI
(6) Research on cooperative observation technology using underwater gliders, National Key Research and Development Program of China, ¥8770000, 07/2017 – 12/2020, In charge of optimization design of the underwater glider
(7) Collaborative innovation service platform for underwater vehicles State, Oceanic Administration of China, ¥5070000, 01/2017–2/2019, In charge of numerical simulation platform
(8) Dynamical behavior and active precision design for the autonomous underwater vehicle, National Natural Science Foundation of China, ¥240000, 01/2012 – 12/2014，PI
(9) Airfoil shear probe for measuring of ocean microstructure turbulence (Continuous), National Hi-tech Research and Development Program of China, ¥2440000, 01/2010–12/2011, PI
(10) Airfoil shear probe for measuring of ocean microstructure turbulence, National Hi-tech Research and Development Program of China, ¥500000, 01/2007–12/2009, PI
(11) Service platform for marine equipment technology, Tianjin science and technology commission, ¥1000000, 04/2014–03/2016, PI
(12) Multi-scale performance driving design method of underwater robot and dynamic adaptive network construction technology based on environment energy, National Natural Science Foundation of China, ¥1500000, 01/2009–12/2012, In charge of design of the underwater robot
(13) Design and manufacturing technology of the deep-sea AUV, National Science and Technology Major Projects of China, ¥19690000, 01/2008–12/2011, In charge of the design for the drag reduction of the AUV
(14) Application technology, Pre-research Foundation, ¥1000000, 08/2008–08/2010, In charge of the fluid-structure coupling algorithm
|| Yanpeng Yang, Yuhong Liu*, Yanhui Wang, Hongwei Zhang, Lianhong Zhang. Dynamic modeling and motion control strategy for deep-sea hybrid-driven underwater gliders considering hull deformation and seawater density variation. Ocean Engineering, 2017, 143: 66-78
 Tiantian Liu, Yuhong Liu*, Lianhong Zhang, Hongwei Zhang, Zhiliang Wu, Yanhui Wang. Hydrodynamic Shape Genealogy for Teardrop-shaped Autonomous Underwater Vehicles. OCEANS'17 MTS/IEEE Aberdeen, IEEE, June 19-23, 2017: 1-6
 Jia Wang, Hongwei Zhang*, Yanhui Wang , Yuhong Liu, Zhiliang Wu, Yan Liang, Ming Yang. Dynamic simulation of buoyancy engine of underwater glider based on experimentation. OCEANS'17 MTS/IEEE Aberdeen, IEEE, June 19-23, 2017: 1-5
 Shixun Xu, Yuhong Liu*, Yaqiang Zhu, Yanhui Wang. Effects of airfoil on flight performance of autonomous underwater gliders. Chinese Mechanical Engineering, 2017, 28(3): 286-293. (In Chinese)
 Yuhong Liu, Yanpeng Yang, Yanhui Wang*, Shiquan Lan, Shuxin Wang, Lianhong Zhang. Vibration Analysis of the Free-Falling Microstructure Profiler. Journal of Vibration and Acoustics Transactions of ASME, 2016, 138(6): 061012-1-13.
 Mengyao Sun, Yuhong Liu*, Minglong Huang, Hongwei Zhang. Design of dynamic stability in vertical plane of autonomous underwater vehicle with measurement missions. Mechanical Science and Technology for Aerospace Engineering, 2016, 35(9): 1402-1407. (In Chinese)
 Yanpeng Yang, Yuhong Liu*, Lianhong Zhang, Yanhui Wang, Yaqiang Zhu, Hongwei Zhang. Influence of the Propeller on Motion Performance of HUGs. OCEANS'16 MTS/IEEE Shanghai, IEEE, April 10-13, 2016: 1-8
 Yaqiang Zhu, Yuhong Liu*, Hongwei Zhang, Yanpeng Yang, Lianhong Zhang, Pingping Fang. Dynamic behaviors of Autonomous Underwater Vehicles Considering Lateral Flow. OCEANS'16 MTS/IEEE Shanghai, IEEE, April 10-13, 2016: 1-8
 Hongwei Zhang, Fuqiang Wang, Yuhong Liu, Yanhui Wang, Shuxin Wang, Zhiliang Wu, Liang Hao, Yan Zheng, Research on the influence of balance weight parameters on the motion performance of the seafloor mapping AUV in vertical plane, Ocean Engineering, 2015, 109(3): 217-225.
 Yuhong Liu, Shijun Song, Shiquan Lan, Yanhui Wang, Pingping Fang. A method for controlling sinking velocity of vertical microstructure profiler. Mechanical Science and Technology for Aerospace Engineering, 2015, 34(5): 752-757. (In Chinese)
 Xin Jiang, Yuhong Liu*, Guang Zhu, Zhiliang Wu, Liming Zhao. Installation structure optimization and vortex noise analysis for appendages of deepwater AUV. Journal of Mechanical Engineering, 2015, 51(17): 25-34. (In Chinese)
 Yanghui Wang, Tianyu Xu, Zhiliang Wu, Yuhong Liu（刘玉红，通讯作者）. Structure optimal design and performance test of airfoil shear probes. IEEE Sensors Journal, 2015, 15(1): 27-36.
 Xin Jiang, Yuhong Liu*, Shijun song, Yanhui Wang. Structure optimization for main body of vertical microstructure profiler. Chinese Mechanical Engineering, 2015, 26(1): 97-101. (In Chinese)
 Yu Wang, Xiutao Lin. Shijun Song, Yuhong Liu, Hongwei Zhang, Shuxin Wang. Dynamic Modeling and Simulation of Autonomous Underwater Vehicle with Vectored Thruster. Journal of Tianjin University, 2014, 47(02):143-158. (In Chinese)
 Xin Jiang, Mengyao Sun, Yuhong Liu. Layout design of acoustic communication modem mounted on AUV based on analysis of vortex noise. Journal of Machine Design, 2014, 23(9): 42-46. (In Chinese)
 Y.H. Liu, P.P. Fang, D.D. Bian, H.W. Zhang, S.X. Wang. Fuzzy comprehensive evaluation for the motion performance of autonomous underwater vehicles. Ocean Engineering, 2014, 88: 568-577. Hongwei Zhang, Yan Zheng, Yuhong Liu. Development and field trials for seafloor-mapping AUV Improving survey efficiency for deep-sea hydrocarbon exploration. Sea Technology, 2013, 54(12): 21-27.
 H.W. Zhang, L. Hao, Y.H. Wang, Y.H. Liu, Z. Wu, S.X. Wang, S. Shao, D.J. Wei, W. Hou, 2013. The general design of a seafloor surveying AUV system. Proceedings of Oceans’13 MTS/IEEE, 23-26 Sept. 2013, pp. 1-5.
 R. Zhou, L.H.Zhang, B.Y. He, Y.H. Liu. Numerical simulation of residual stress field in green power metallurgy compacts by modified Drucker–Prager Cap model. Transactions of Nonferrous Metals Society of China, , 2013, 23(8): 2374-2382.
 Y.H. Liu, L.H. Zhang, W.J. Liu, P.C. Wang. Single-sided piercing riveting for adhesive bonding in vehicle body assembly. Journal of Manufacturing Systems, 2013, 32(3): 498-504.