||Recipient of the National Science Fund for Distinguished Young Scholars
||Dean of the School of Mechanical Engineering
||State Key Laboratory of Engines
||Power Machinery and Engineering
||+86(0)22 27406890, 27383362
||State Key Laboratory of Engines, 300072
||Sept. 1989－Jul. 1993 BEng, Department of Thermal Engineering, Tianjin University.
Sept. 1993－Apr. 1996 MEng, Department of Thermal Engineering, Tianjin University.
Feb. 2000－Feb. 2003 PhD, State Key Laboratory of Engines, Tianjin University.
Mar. 2003－Oct. 2004 Postdoc, State Key Laboratory of Engines, Tianjin University.
Apr. 1996 - Jan. 2000 Lecturer, Dagang Teachers Training College
Nov. 2004 - Jun. 2011 Associate professor, State Key Laboratory of Engines, Tianjin University
Jun. 2011- present Professor, State Key Laboratory of Engines, Tianjin University
Sept. 2004 - Dec. 2004 Visiting Scholar, Department of Mechanical Engineering, Brunel University London
Sept. 2006 - Nov. 2006 Visiting Professor, Department of Design, University of Sussex
||1. Control of combustion and emissions of internal combustion engines
2. Airflow and mixture formation in internal combustion engines
3. Laser diagnostics technology
4. Clean fuel and new vehicle power technology
||Combustion Process of Internal Combustion Engines（Postgraduate program）
||Awards and Honors：
1. 2017 National Technology Invention Awards (Second prize)
2. 2013 Tianjin Technology Invention Awards (First prize)
3. 2012 China machinery industry science and Technology Awards (First prize)
4. 2009 Tianjin Technology Invention Awards (First prize)
5. 2014 China Patent Excellence Award
6. 2012 China Patent Excellence Award
7. 2010 Tianjin Youth Science and Technology Award
8. 2009 Outstanding Postdoctoral Researchers in Tianjin
9. 2008 Shi Shaoxi Talent Award
10. 2007 New century talents of the Ministry of Education
||Scientific research projects:
1. The National Science Fund for Distinguished Young Scholars, 51525603, Airflow Motion and Sprays of Internal Combustion Engines, 2016/01-2020/12
2. Major research projects of NSFC, 91441111, Investigation of the turbulence characteristics with various spatial scales in internal combustion engine and their effects on combustion process, 2015/01-2017/12
3. National Science and Technology Support Program, 2015BAG16B00, Development, verification, platform research and key technology development of autonomous marine low speed diesel engine, 2015/01-2017/12
4. Key project of NSFC, 51336005, Study on the basic problem of replacing diesel oil by methanol, 2014/01-2018/12
5. General program of NSFC, 51276127, Investigation on the atomization mechanism of flash boiling spray in gasoline direct injection engine, 2013/01-2016/12
6. General program of NSFC, 51076114, Study on the effect of cooling exhaust on the anti-explosion and emission characteristics of small direct injection gasoline engine, 2011/01-2013/12
7. General program of NSFC, 50876074, Fundamental research on the key issues of the efficient clean direct injection gasoline engine, 2009/01-2011/12
8. General program of NSFC, 50576063, Fundamental research on fuel atomization, blending and combustion process of gasoline engine controlled without throttle valve, 2006/01-2008/12
9. 863 Research Project, 2008AA11A154, Automobile product development of injecting single fuel LNG by electric controling, 2009/01-2010/12
10. 863 Research Project, 2006AA11A195, Automobile product development of injecting single fuel CNG by electric controling, 2006/11-2008/12
1. Air valve pressing mechanism capable of precisely controlling different air valve angle shift-down CN:200810153373.7
2. System for exactly positioning simulation cylinder sleeve and test cylinder cap of air flue test stand CN:200810153372.2
3. High-sensitivity eddy momentum meter for measuring gas CN:200910069737.8
4. Device for calibrating steady flow testbed of air passage CN:200910069538.7
5. Testing device for quickly detecting flow property parameters of air passage of internal combustion engine CN:200910070710.0
6. Variable-focus engine laser ignition device CN:201110009726.8
7. Cylinder-cover blank machining-size identifying method and device CN:201110151060.x
8. Classified recovery system of waste heat of engine CN:201110340791.9
9. Zero point judgment and control mechanism for valve stroke of internal combustion engine air flue current stabilization test bed CN:201310089038.6
10. Fast test device capable of simultaneously measuring air passage eddy and tumble of gasoline engine CN:201310136442.4
11. Structural device capable of quickly removing and installing engine combustor windows CN:201310652619.6
12. Internal combustion engine cylinder cover with high eddy ratio or high tumble ratio CN:201310667658.3
13. Flow stabilization testing method for air passage of large-cylinder-diameter internal combustion engine CN:201610237771.1
||(1) Kai Sun, Peng Zhang, Zhizhao Che, Tianyou Wang*, Marangoni-flow-induced partial coalescence of a droplet on a liquid/air interface, Physical Review Fluids, 2018, 3: 023602.
(2) Xueqi Fan, Zhizhao Che, Tianyou Wang*, Zhen Lu, Numerical investigation of boundary layer flow and wall heat transfer in a gasoline direct-injection engine, International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer, 2018, 120:1189-1199.
(3) Wei Li, Yufeng Li, Tianyou Wang*, Ming Jia, Zhizhao Che, Daming Liu, Investigation of the Effect of the In-Cylinder Tumble Motion on Cycle-to-Cycle Variations in a Direct Injection Spark Ignition (DISI) Engine Using Large Eddy Simulation (LES), Flow, Turbulence and Combustion, 2016, 98: 1-31.
(4) Wei Yang, Ming Jia, Kai Sun, Tianyou Wang*, Influence of density ratio on the secondary atomization of liquid droplets under highly unstable conditions, Fuel, 2016, 174: 25-35.
(5) Zhijin Zhang, Haiyan Zhang, Tianyou Wang*, Effects of tumble combined with EGR (exhaust gas recirculation) on the combustion and emissions in a spark ignition engine at part loads, Energy, 2014, 65: 18-24.
(6) Kai Sun, Peng Zhang*, Ming Jia, Tianyou Wang*, Collision-induced jet-like mixing for droplets of unequal-sizes, International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer, 2018, 120: 218-227.
(7) Wei Yang, Ming Jia, Zhizhao Che, Tianyou Wang*, Transitions of deformation to bag breakup and bag to bag-stamen breakup for droplets subjected to a continuous gas flow, International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer, 2017 (111): 884-894.
(8) Shiquan Shen, Ming Jia, Tianyou Wang*, Qienei Lu, Kai Sun, Measurement of the droplets sizes of a ﬂash boiling spray using an improved extended glare point velocimetry and sizing, Experiments in Fluids, 2016, 57: 56.
(9) Gang Xiao, Ming Jia, Tianyou Wang*, Large eddy simulation of n- heptane spray combustion in partially premixed combustion regime with linear eddy model, Energy 2016, 97: 20-35.
(10) Tianyou Wang*, Wei Li, Ming Jia, Large-eddy simulation of in-cylinder flow in a DISI engine with charge motion control valve: Proper orthogonal decomposition analysis and cyclic variation, Applied Thermal Engineering, 2015, 75: 561-574.
(11) Zhijin Zhang, Tianyou Wang*, Ming Jia, Combustion and particle number emissions of a direct injection spark ignition engine operating on ethanol/ gasoline and n-butanol/ gasoline blends with exhaust gas recirculation, Fuel, 2014, 103: 171-188.
(12) Kai Sun, Ming Jia, Tianyou Wang*, Numerical investigation on the head-on collision between unequal-sized droplets with multiple-relaxation-time lattice Boltzmann model, International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer, 2014, 70: 629-640.
(13) Zhen Lu, Tianyou Wang*, Shuliang Liu, Zhiqiang Lin, Yiyong Han, Experimental and Modeling Study of the Effect of Manufacturing Deviations on the Flow Characteristics of Tangential Intake Port in a Diesel Engine, Journal of Engineering for Gas Turbines and Power, 2014, 136: 112101.
(14) Shenghua Yang, Zhiping Song, Tianyou Wang*, Zhuo Yao, An experiment study on phenomenon and mechanism of flash boiling spray from a multi-hole gasoline direct injector, Atomization and Sprays, 2013, 23: 379-399.
(15) Zhen Lu, Tianyou Wang*, Xincai Li, Liting Li, Guoyong Zhang, Parametric design of the tangential intake port in diesel engines, Proceedings of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers - Part D: Journal of Automobile Engineering, 2013, 227: 409-421.
(16) Xiangzan Meng, Ming Jia, Tianyou Wang*, Predicting biodiesel densities over a wide temperature range up to 523K, Fuel, 2013, 111: 216-222.
(17) Xiangzan Meng, Ming Jia, Tianyou Wang*, Comment on “Comparison of Methods for Estimating Critical Properties of Alkyl Esters and Its Mixtures”, Journal of Chemical and Engineering Data, 2013, 58: 2687-2688.
(18) Kai Sun, Ming Jia, Tianyou Wang*, Numerical investigation of head-on droplet collision with lattice Boltzmann method, International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer, 2013, 58: 260-275.
(19) Zhizhao Che*, Yit-Fatt Yap, Tianyou Wang, Flow structure of compound droplets moving in microchannels, Physics of Fluids, 2018, 30: 012114.
(20) Xiangzan Meng, Anne Rodriguez, Olivier Herbinet, Tianyou Wang, Frédérique BattinLeclerc*, Revisiting 1-hexene low-temperature oxidation, Combustion and Flame, 2017, 181: 283-299.
(21) XiangzanMeng, Olivier Herbinet, Tianyou Wang, Frédérique Battin-Leclerc*. Fuel, 2017, 207: 763-775.
(22) Xiangzan Meng, Olivier Herbinet, Lucie Coniglio, Tianyou Wang, Frédérique Battin-Leclerc*, Gas-Phase Oxidation of Methyl-10-undecenoate in a Jet-Stirred Reactor, International Journal of Chemical Kinetics, 2017, 49: 711-728.
(23) Kai Sun, Peng Zhang*, Chung K. Law*, Tianyou Wang, Collision dynamics and internal mixing of droplets of non-Newtonian liquids, Physical Review Applied, 2015, 4: 054013.
(24) Kai Sun, Tianyou Wang, Peng Zhang*, Chung K. Law, Non-Newtonian flow effects on the coalescence and mixing of initially stationary droplets of shear-thinning fluids, Physical Review E, 2015, 91: 023009.
(25) Yanzhe Sun, Kai Sun, Zhen Lu, Tianyou Wang*, Selection of Swirl Ratio in Diesel Engines Based on Droplet Trajectory Analysis, SAE World Congress, Detroit, US, 2017.04.04-2017.04.06.
(26) Shiquan Shen, Zhizhao Che, Tianyou Wang*, Ming Jia, Kai Sun, Numerical Study on Flash Boiling Spray of Multi-Hole Injector, SAE World Congress, Detroit, US, 2017.04.04-2017.04.06.
(27) Lei Cui, Tianyou Wang*, Kai Sun, Zhen Lu, Zhizhao Che, Yanzhe Sun, Numerical Analysis of the Steady-State Scavenging Flow Characteristics of a Two-Stroke Marine Engine, SAE World Congress, Detroit, US, 2017.04.04-2017.04.06.